The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry is exceptionally dynamic, making it increasingly more difficult for companies to gain market share and a sustainable competitive advantage. CPG companies face challenges in an industry driven by evolving customer needs and preferences. As customers continue to value integrity and social responsibility throughout an organization, CPG companies must show transparency for fear of new entrants or competitors targeting their consumers. For companies looking to overcome these challenges and create opportunities for growth, Skylight helps clients adapt and navigate through market uncertainty with RAISE2, our comprehensive approach to how we deliver evidenced-based strategies and business intelligence solutions to our clients. Skylight utilizes a variety of consulting and business intelligence methods to bring our clients the best insights possible to address their business challenges.
The RAISE2 Methodology is grounded in data to provide our clients with best in class research through our extensive global research network. Skylight understands that it’s not only about conducting traditional survey research at one particular moment in time, but rather it is about gathering the appropriate information using a variety of research methods in order to bring our clients the best data possible to address their business challenges.
Design Thinking Methods
Data Science Methods
Social Media Listening
Behavioral & Cognitive Science Methods
- Gather information on product or marketing aspects that lead to a purchase in the CPG industry
- Understand the underlying reputation drivers of a company or product brand
- Gain increased understanding of key points within a customer’s experience
- Collect information on buying trends and shifts in preference among various groups of consumers
analytics & insights
Skylight tailors our analytical approach to our client’s needs, while following industry best practices around data modeling and machine learning layered with expert analysis to generate comprehensive insights. Our advanced analytical approaches build customized, practical business solutions that are data-driven. Skylight employs an interdisciplinary approach that utilizes descriptive and predictive analysis techniques to provide realistic, actionable insights designed to enable decision-making.
- Focus analysis on both consumer segments and the individual consumer
- Apply machine learning and predictive models to forecast trends in the market
- Layer multiple data sets to generate analysis that provides a holistic understanding of consumer purchasing trends
Skylight’s approach allows our clients to generate actionable insights that drive revenue and strengthen competitive positioning. In an industry that continues to innovate, it is critical for CPG companies to fully understand the customers at the core of their business.
Skylight believes in creating evidence-based strategies so we can determine a realistic and actionable plan for our clients to achieve meaningful business outcomes. Skylight’s approach to strategy gives our clients a clear and focused plan; however, intensifying regulatory pressures and technological advances are just two of several factors that are fueling industry and market disruptions. Any strategic plan must be able to withstand continued adaptation as circumstances in the market change. In the age of uncertainty, we recognize that industry lines have blurred, creating unlikely new competitors, triggering the need for continuous flexibility in planning, reminding us that the only constant is change.
- Understand their current positioning in the market and take steps to strengthen their brand in the future
- Identify processes, policies and infrastructure that improve the consumer experience
- Navigate industry changes with new approaches based on strong competitive intelligence and insights
Engagement + Evaluation
As part of our Engagement + Evaluation offering, Skylight focuses on the successful implementation of programs and strategies. Our team is fully capable of creating, implementing and determining the success of all activities associated with the implementation of strategies.
Skylight offers extensive combined experience in both the management of engagement activities and the development of comprehensive approaches to program evaluation.
- Develop authentic relationships with consumers
- Increase their understanding of consumer preferences
- Compare existing internal processes against a variety of different benchmarks and best practices